Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

2nd week xD

haha! First of all sorry I'm not telling what happened through a day by day on my internship programme. I have decided to update my activities week by week :p Well, this is my 2nd week doing my industrial training, still have 10weeks more! (",)
Ok, on Monday, my department has done a test on a fan coil to find their best air flowrate or we call it CFM (Cubic Feet per minute) if I'm not wrong lol xD Well, we are trying to get the CFM around 1400. Our first attemp was failed, we got 945.45 CFM by applying 230V. So we try to increase the voltage but we was failed again since we got 963.138 CFM. After the team has discussed they decide to K.I.V for the test and will recalculate the target CFM again. At the evening, I have been asked by my supervisor to proceed with the Success Story. I need to finish the description for every types of improvement that has been done.
For 2nd day, Tuesday, my team still proceeding with the CFM test but now with a different model of fan coil. The model type is 42 CGT004 manufactured by the company. Now we need to get its CFM around 400. On the test at the suction blower part, we used 1x4" nozzle size with 0 static pressure and 50hz of frequency. First attempt we got 335.68 CFM with 220V. So we try again with 230V and still failed, CFM was 340.421. Third try we use 240V we still couldn't get the CFM target which is only 347.21. So we discuss again and ask some other engineers to recalculate the theoretical value because they might have some problem occurred and we cannot proceed with the test. At the evening, I went to collect data from the AHU unit to find the width, length, height, pressure and discharge area. In order to obtain the leakage in L/s and L/s.m². The objective is to reduce the leakage on the AHU unit. After done with the data, I went to the site (factory) and look how the workers operate and manufacture all the units. I'm so impressed when all the workers there do respect to engineers even I'm still a trainee lol xD
On Wednesday, there are no much work I did, just continue with the sweat test but only set up the device that need to be test. Now we applied new method and see how it works to reduce those sweating. We attached the AHU panel with a foam to reduce sweat on outside surface.
Thursday I was off because off sick. I got fever and flu that caused headache :-(
Friday I came back and feel a bit okay without fever but still have flu. Luckily we have no test to do on this day and I just helping the engineer to improve safety in our lab such as put the wire on the wall inside the channel and install the pipelines for water that has been condensed by the air conditioner located on the ceiling and finish work at 5.15pm.

2 comments:

  1. "Thursday I was off because off sick. I got fever and flu that caused headache :-(.." sakit ke bang? Ke bangun lambat lagi? yang teramat CEO. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete